Yes, go now, because they are adding another guest room building and a spa, which will be lovely additions to this beautiful resort...but they will be able to charge twice as much! Justifiably so, this place is amazing. We thought we were getting an incredible deal.
This resort is special for so many reasons, including the beautiful and new accommodations, the friendly staff, a killer restaurant (by far, the best cuisine we had during our stay throughout Costa Rica -- the kitchen staff really knows what they are doing), the personal service and attention from the owner, and the remote location. But perhaps what distinguishes it most from other hotels in the Arenal area is the view of the volcano. We were there on nights with stunning views of the volcano, however other travelers we spoke to who stayed in hotels on the more populated stretch of road around the volcano had no view whatsoever on the same nights. You're a little further from the volcano, but that gives you a much better vantage point. And all the rooms have balconies facing the volcano -- it was very relaxing to just sit for hours watching and listening it erupt.
We didn't have a car, but the remote location wasn't a problem at all. The staff was more than happy to call taxis for us, and a one-way ride to/from the town of La Fortuna was only $10. Get away from the more populated area and go to the Lost Iguana -- you will NOT be disappointed. It is a beautiful and special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park