The Lost Iguana is very secluded and private with stunning views of the volcano. We had a luxury suite (room 6) which featured a huge bedroom, a bar area, a large covered porch with a hot tub, and a tremendous bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable; pillows not so much. It was quite cool, so we wore shorts and sweatshirts most of the time and didn’t really need the AC much. It was pretty cloudy and drizzly off and on for all three days. The last night, the cloud cover at the top of the volcano broke just enough to see a couple of lava trails. You could hear the volcano rumble throughout the day. If the lava hasn’t appeared before 11:00 pm each evening, the hotel will ring your room if the lava does appear during the night. The breakfasts were included and were very good. DH adored the pinto gallo (rice and beans), which was served with all tipico meals. The dinners were all right, but best when we stuck to pasta dishes. Two-for-one happy hours are from 3:00-5:00 pm and you can swim up the bar in a heated pool. The staff was fabulous and taught us Spanish (such as, whole wheat bread is “pan integral” and how to say “tuanis” in addition to “pura vida” as local expressions). There are trails everywhere and we tried the so-called easy one, the 20-minute Mapache Trail (“mapache” means raccoon) to the Hanging Bridges. It’s not long, but it’s surprisingly steep, so we were panting when we got to the top. The Hanging Bridges cost $22 per person and we hadn’t thought ahead to bring any money with us, so we decided if we had to hike back to the room, the money would be better spent at happy hour. The Lost Iguana is very nice and we recommend it highly. Our only complaint was that with all the moisture the room had a sort of musty smell so I was glad I brought a tiny bottle of Febreze with me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park