I actually stayed here in April of last year but I recently signed up for trip advisor and really felt I had to write a review. If you're into nature, hiking, and tropical climates this is the place to stay. I went with my boyfriend and we both just really loved it! The view of Arenal volcano from our balcony and the sounds of nature are unforgettable. You do have to be prepared to walk quite a bit but it's so worth it. We felt like we had the hotel to ourselves at times because it's really secluded. Wear comfortable clothes/shoes, insect repellent, and a rain coat because your in the jungle here and it's breathtaking. I would absolutely return to this hotel because it's a different experience from what I'm used to when traveling. Completely Pura Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park