Our first floor luxury room with outdoor shower and Jacuzzi was perfect and compensated for the rainy weather. The room was always clean but there were some bugs because you're in the RAINforest. The outdoor porch with rocking chairs provided a perfect view of Arenal Volcano when the clouds cleared. The grounds have several well marked trails which provide great hikes. There are both a warm and cold water pool for swimming. Most guests come to the pool for happy hour between 4 and 5. Luis the bartender is fantastic. The gift shop is exceptional with many high quality Costa Rican crafts.
The food in the restaurant was only fair. The resort is 18 kilometers from the town of Last Fortuna via a winding road so a car is recommended. The front desk arranges tours which can pick you up at the front desk. A plus is that the resort is close to the volcano, Lake Arenal and the Hanging Bridges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park