The Lost Iguana and Arenal were the first leg of our 12 day trip to CR -- our first time. We had some trepidation about booking a resort in a remote area of a foreign country; we made our decision based on positive Trip Advisor reviews. The resort and our time in the jungle were absolutely magical -- a great kickoff to a fantastic trip. I agree with the reviewers who remind you that if you are expecting fancy American amenities or roses on your bed, try elsewhere such as The Springs, which is very expensive. But if you want a beautiful resort in a lush and exotic locale, this is truly a gem. Our room was tastefully appointed to emphasize the natural setting. We woke up each morning to views of the volcano and abundant wildlife. We had a car and drove to nearby excursions such as Sky Trek and The Springs on a day pass -- both about a half an hour away. At night we relaxed by the heated pool; the bartender and all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Loved!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park