My family (myself, husband and 17 yo daughter) spent 3 nights at this beautiful resort. It does have a view of the volcano but it was cloudy and raining on and off during our stay, which was fine, we were prepared for rain. We had a room on the second floor. We did have an a gecko in our room but no big deal. And there was a dehumidifier which helped keep the room a bit more comfortable. The room was nice but the lighting was dim especially in the bathroom where there was no lighting in the shower at all. The grounds were beautiful and we were able to watch the hummingbirds and butterflies visit the flowers under our balcony. The breakfast buffet was good and changed a bit daily. The waitstaff was nice and helpful. Since the hotel is not close to anything we did eat all our meals there (except the one at the hot springs). The food was very good and variety was also. It is true that we only had dependable wifi in the reception area although I was led to believe this was only due to the fact that they had a lightening strike the day before we came that took out all the computers and the wifi in the rooms but I may have been misled on this since past guests mention that the wifi was only found in the reception. We did see a coati mom and her playful babies passing by while dining in the restaurant during a lunch and that was a real treat. While there we did enjoy the walk in the Hanging Bridges, ziplining at Sky Trek and hot spring Ecotermales where we also enjoyed an excellent bountiful meal as well as some relaxing in the hot spring pools. With the time we had at the end of one day we did enjoy a walk through one of the trails on the property. The trails are not well kept and we probably went on the one that is most used. It is a bit wild but not overly but we like that kind of thing. Overall, Lost Iguana Resort and Spa is a beautiful property and we had an enjoyable stay although it seemed understaffed at times and there was a feeling that the property owner was frugal so the service was not as good at it could have been.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park