I did not know much about Costa Rica going into this vacation, but I had looked into the location a few years earlier. WELL LET ME TELL YOU! I was amazed the moment I arrived. The Lost Iguana staff took COMPLETE care of us from the moment we stepped off the plane. I was worried because I do NOT speak Spanish at all, but everyone was able to communicate with me just fine, most Costa Ricans are trilingual. On the ride there the driver stopped because he had seen a SLOTH along the side on the road, I was able to get the most amazing photo very close up! I was so excited because I never am able to find of see animals, even in Yellow Stone.
So upon arrival at The Lost Iguana the Front staff Alex was so gracious and lovely he talked with us about what to do and see during our stay. At that point we met Jason who quickly became our best friend EVER! He carried all of my extremely heavy luggage up the stairs, he brought me ice to my door everyday at the time I like it, he drove us in the golf cart anytime I left the room. To dinner, to the front desk from to front gate..... Everywhere until I was acclimated to go on my own. Oh and he was funny too!
Let me also talk about some of the things I was a bit hesitant about going in, besides language. Food and bugs. I had been very sick and food issues for a long time so I can not eat spicy food etc. The food was SO FRESH and so DELICIOUS I was able to eat everything and never got sick, the spice was perfection, presentation amazing and the service was impeccable ! FIVE YUMMY STARS ! Okay so let me talk about my bug issue, I stepped on ONE red ant, and it hurt him more that it hurt me... That's it! End of bug story .
Things that I did while there, where do I start ??? The Tabacon Hot Springs Alex arranged everything, got in the car, arrived there and OMG ! My eyes have never seen such a magically visually amazing place, I have goose bumps just thinking about the beauty that is TABACON! This property is so perfect in the landscaping and natural rushing gentle rivers of very warm lava warmed waters and waterfalls, my soul dropped into relaxation and the AHHHHHH MOMENT was upon me. The beauty that surrounded me was pure heaven on earth. So I was there for the lunch and dinner. Food was 5 star of course, but in the afternoon it started to rain, and I stayed in the springs for a while longer, but then the rain became to strong. So they allowed me to come back the next day on my ticket for the dinner I had purchased. So the next day I went back in the evening, just when you think it can't get anymore beautiful it DID. Although it was more crowded night time it was pure BLISS, I slept like a lamb that night. There is MAGIC in that water.
The next Cindy's great adventure was the hanging bridges we went at 3:30 pm and it's about a 2 hour hike, we saw monkeys everywhere the bridges were high but safe, I mastered my dance walk across them with ease, considering I am the world most clumsy girl ever. Wow I love the Rain Forrest !
Now I'm not gonna go into all of the waterfall and zip lining and such, but I will tell you the high light of the trip and stay at Lost Iguana was..... Are you ready for this? Every morning I would wake and head to the balcony of my room with my coffee, sit down, gaze at the volcano directly in from of me and every morning a 4 foot long Blue Macaw would fly straight in to my railing and stand there and talk her head off. I have videos of her flying in and OMG ! It was just CRAZY MAGICAL BEAUTIFUL ! If you ever get the chance in your life come here, and you like me can sit here at home and get goose bumps just from the memories you will have for the rest of your life. Thank You Lost Iguana! Love always, Jungle Queen Cindy
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.