We only had one grand night here after staying at a larger resort nearer to town, and I wish that we could have stayed here longer. It truely seems like you're in paradise on earth tucked into the rain forest. Everything is lush and green and the volcano view was the best we've seen. The birds fill the days with music and the tree frogs sing you to sleep at night.
We had spa treatments after dark which made it even more relaxing with the main light coming from the fireplace. The sounds of the tree frogs and the babbling brook right outside the open doors of the spa room lulled us into such tranquillity.
The food was excellent - both the free breakfast buffet and the regular menu. And it was not overpriced. The restaurant was open air and also had a view of the volcano which was in competition with watching the hummingbirds and taking in the beautiful plants and forests all at the same time. Everything was open air - but no bugs or biting mosquitoes - such a bonus!
The pools were nice. A warm pool with swim up bar and a cool pool below, again with volcano view.
We were there during rainy season but rain was mainly in late afternoon/early evening and never lasted long enough to interfer with activities. Just take raincoats when you go out on excursions.
Speaking of which-do not miss out on visiting the hanging bridges just up the road. The forest is incredible and we saw monkeys and lots of leaf cutter ants. You can purchase cheaper entry fee tickets for hanging bridges at the hotel desk.
The front desk people were extremely friendly and helpful with everything and if you need a golf cart ride to the spa or restaurant, they are very prompt.
Another thing I loved was all the wood furnishings throughout the property with all the ornate carvings in them. The doors to the rooms were tall, solid wood with beautiful carvings in them -each one with different carvings.
If i'm ever back in Costa Rica, i will come back to Lost Iguana - only difference will be i will stay more than one night next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park