We recently spent 2 nights at Lost Iguana and enjoyed every minute. It was peaceful and tranquil and the view of the Volcano is amazing. The property is wonderful and the grounds are well kept. We are a family of 4 and had a room not far from the reception. The breakfasts are great, try the omelets. We also ate dinner there on both nights because we didn't want to drive the roads at night. Juan Carlos, our waiter was very attentive. The dinners were equally delicious, but didn't care for the beef. The hotel is out of town and since we had a car we preferred that. After driving thru LaFortuna we were glad we chose this location. Check out the Hanging Bridges which are just up the road from the hotel and purchase tickets at the front desk to save a few bucks. Bring flashlights because the trek back to your room in the evening is dark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park