My husband and I recently spent 5 nights at the Lost Iguana at the end of April. We enjoyed every bit of our stay there. The property was beautiful and well kept. We hiked one of the trails that is on the hotel property which was fun although tiring.
The room we stayed in was probably the farthest from the reception area so we took advantage of the golf cart rides to our room. The room was beautiful, clean and very comfortable. There is air conditioning and as far as the humidity and smell...you are in the rainforest!! What do you expect? We didn't have a problem at all with the humidity or the smell. Also the view from our room was spectacular!!
The restaurant food was pretty good and most things were reasonably priced, although dinner was a little pricey. We enjoyed breakfast and lunch in the restaurant and we ate dinner at the bar because we liked the bar's dinner menu better.
The staff was very very courteous and friendly. Germon (pronounced Herman) was very helpful by scheduling all of our activities for us. Johnathan at the bar was very nice and fun to talk to while we had dinner. I don't remember their names but the three guys who drove the golf carts while we were there were always very friendly and willing to help. We also enjoyed an amazing massage at the spa!
The pool was always clean and we liked that they had a heated pool. Two of the nights we were there we had dinner at the bar while sitting in the pool.
The only downside to this amazing property is the distance from La Fortuna. We didn't rent a car so we had to be picked up for all of our activities. If you don't mind a little bit of scheduling and waiting for the employee shuttle it wasn't that big of a deal being far away. There isn't much in town so we only went twice and we mostly just did some souvenir shopping. All of the activities we did were very accomodating and picked us up on time and dropped us off at the hotel. Also the front desk employees were very helpful (especially Germon) in scheduling for the employee shuttle to drop us off and pick us up at different places i.e La Fortuna and Tabacon.
All in all we had a fantastic vacation at Lost Iguana and would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park