we made a last minute reservation with Lost Iguana for just one night and found it to be above all description. the rooms were luxurious. furniture all native woods. nice tilework. beautiful decks viewing the volcano ! nice reception area. hiking areas on the premises in the forest. no need to go out. buffet breakfast was very good. we ate at the restaurant for dinner one night and found the food superb !. the chef was Martin, and he is very well trained. He made a ceviche which was the best we tasted as of yet... the gift shop is very nice, and the supervisor goes by my Name- Marvin. we really would have stayed here longer if we didn't have previous reservations down the road for the remaining days, in a not so excellent hotel ... would recommend this spot for a very private and quiet relaxing vacation !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park