My husband and I stayed at the Lost Iguana in La Fortuna for 3 nights.
Room- out room was very spacious and had a beautiful view of forests and the volcano. I am a big reader so I loved how the room included portable reading lights. The room also had air conditioning and a dehumidifier.
Location- we loved that the hotel is in the heart of the forest. We saw toucans around the property. The nature walk on the property was great. It is a pain having to drive so far into La Fortuna, but it's a safe, well lit drive. You definitely need a car because many pick up services charge extra to go to Lost Iguana.
Service- the service was the only area that was somewhat lacking. We called for ice and the front desk forgot about us. Had to call again. The restaurant had very slow service at dinner. Worth driving into town for dinner. Breakfast was delicious. They charge for local phone calls, which we didn't know until we checked out. The front desk was friendly but not out of their way helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park