I read all the reviews before our stay. We were there 3 nights. Here are some highs and lows.
1. Location is great if you have a car. You are in the rainforest and it seems like one of the best locations. Not sure why you would stay in some hotel in fortuna on the street if you came to see the rain forest. Also very close to hanging bridges and zip line
2. We had a deluxe room and it was clean with a great view of volcano which can be hard to see because area is naturally cloudy because of elevation.
3. Lighting - read on here about dimly lit rooms. Almost every hotel and restaurant in c rica is dimly lit. Its a good thing.
4. You can have alot of fun on property. Its big with a great trails and have there own lil hanging bridges for freeI actually liked better thAn hanging bridges park.
5. Pool is nice with swim up bar.
6. Restaurant was fine for breakfast. Buffett, nothing special, but fine breakfast food and fresh fruit. Ate dinner here one night and it was horrible and pricey. Just dont plan on eating there for dinner unless you have to. For dinner it was like 30 for a buffet. My kids 8 and 10 cost 30 each and barely ate. Really really bad italian and seafood. I thought about complaining but the staff is not too engaging, see next. Im not picky, dinner was plain bad and the worst food Ive had in a long time.
7. Service - kind of non existent. Staff was not rude, just not helpful at all. They did not seem to smile or enjoy themselves. This place could be spectacular if they showed some personality and really wanted to show off the resort. We had to figure things out by ourselves because they barely said hello when we checked un.
Despite the few negatives, i would stay here again and recommend it. Its a good value and in the rain forest. Bring a car and plan to go offsite for dinners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park