This was the nicest place we stayed at in all of costa rica..Rooms,grounds, and staff all every good. No issues with bugs or any other problems, rooms and grounds very well maintained. We found the beds to be very firm, but we also found this to be the case at other hotels we stayed at in costa rica, so im not sure if this is a cultural thing. The hangining bridges are really close by, we got a ride on a golf cart from the staff and also got picked up, very convenient. We also purchased tickets at the front desk which were 4$ cheaper per person.
This hotel is in the middle of the jungle and it is very cool ( most of the country seems to be a jungle, so I am thinking there are other hotels in the jungle as well), but a big downfall of this hotel is it is extermely far away from town. It is a 30$ cab ride each way, and take about 20-30 minutes(there is an eployee shuttle, but the last one to leave the resort is 4pm and is usually full, so it is really not an option.) Also because of this, tour operattors charge an15$ per person for tours, we found this annoying, but I understand the extra cost due to the extra distance of driving in both directions. Something to consider.
Due to the distance from town the food situation becomes an issue, the restaurant in the hotel had avg food at best, and was extremely over priced vs other restaurants in town. One night my wife ordered a burger and fries 17$, and they charge another 10$ for room service. So that's 27$ for a burger and fries to be delivered to your room - a complete rip off(even before the extra 10$ charge) Burger was like rubber, and she basically threw most of it out.(To the owner of the hotel unless you want to refund me the $ for this, don't waste your time responding that your sorry or some other nonsense). Essentially by bieng so far from town the hotel knows your options are limited and is able to jack up the prices in the restaurant and leaves you no choice if you want to eat.
If you are renting a car this can be a great place to stay as you essentially not forced to eat at the hotel, can easily go where ever you want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park