We just came back from our stay at Lost Iguna in March. The hotel staff as everyone has mentioned is very friendly.
I will focus on what is missing:
1. Restaurant - The food was OK wish they had bit more choices or quality of food was better. After the 3rd day I did not want to eat the same exact breakfast I had for past 2 days. So a change in a menu would have be a welcome.
2. Sewage smell- We could not hang out at the bar or near the pool the smell of sewage or septic tank was intolerable. Especially when the breeze in the area.
3. Swim up bar/Bartender- Having one person at the bar who is handling the bar, getting food from restaurant and pool towels seems over whelming. By afternoon pool was out of clean towels which I partially blame on people who don't return them and take it to their rooms.
4. Bit Far- Yes it is close to hanging bridge but if you have to go to springs or town of La Fortuna given the fog and the road it can be bit scary. We rented a car and both of us comfortable in driving on the road however going to town would take us around 20 mins each way with hungry kids in the backseat it was not fun.
Overall we the views, property is immaculately clean and the staff is very very friendly .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park