My son and I stayed at the Lost Iguana for six nights and had the time of our lives. The location is excellent - the resort is perched on the lushly foliaged side of a small mountain with every room facing the volcano. I see that a few reviewers found the resort too remote but we did not feel that way at all as the reception was happy to help arrange tours that pick guests up at reception as well as booking transportation through its shuttle; it is also very close to the hanging bridges and some of the lusher hot springs - we loved Tabacon.
Our room was lovely, beautifully furnished and with lots of space and comforts. I especially enjoyed the welcome bottle of wine which came as part of the Groupon. We enjoyed all the amenities of the resort from the restaurant with its bounteous breakfast with tons of fresh fruit, to the beautiful pools, the nice little gym situated down in the quiet near the spa, the lovely gift shop and of course, the fantastic trails through the rain forest.
The staff were fantastic, always quick to assist and give a friendly smile and wave. We booked whitewater rafting and volcano trips through the efficient reception desk which also arranged for the hotel shuttle to drop us off and pick us up at an number of other locations including La Fortuna, Eco Thermales and Arenal Natura.
We saw so many wonderful creatures on the grounds: toucans, motezuma birds, humming birds, lizards, tayras, frogs, cotis and our favourite moment - when an oncilla (smallest wildcat in central and South Americas) trotted through the pool and bar complex when we were there at a quiet time.
We also loved walking up the hill from the resort each day to the hanging bridges observatory for a typical Costa Rican lunch, an ice cream treat or to see the lovely parrot who frequents the grounds.
It was really difficult for us to leave the Lost Iguana but I know we will return, bringing friends and family so they can share the experience. All to say we would whole-heatedly recommend and will definitely return. We miss you Lost Iguana!!
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.