We were greated by the friendly owner of the hotel. The man assisting her at the front desk was welcoming and helpful throughout our trip. Our room was up a hill but they had a driver take us up to the room and if you wanted a ride they had young men driving golf carts around to assist you at most times. Our room seemed private although I think the building had 8-10 rooms in it and we had a direct view of the volcano out of our patio door. The room was large, tidy and was nicely furnished with a Costarican theme. The bathroom was beautifully tiled and the shower was large.There were nice pathways and trails throughout the property so you have plenty of opportunity to enjoy the greenery and wildlife. The pool and swim up bar were lovely. It may have seemed a bit small but considering the resort only houses 40 or so rooms then it seems large! Our meals at the restaurant were always good although you have to keep in mind it is not fast food. The breakfast buffet was a great way to start the day-nothing fancy but a great way to start. If you do not have a car and your activity is not real close by then you have to call a taxi which can be expensive. If your activity is close as the hanging bridges are, the hotel will provide your transportation free of charge. We got along fine without a car and may have gone into town one more night if we had our own vehicle but we were satisfied with a later evening at the pool and dinner at the restaurant on the resort. We would definetly go back and stay there. The owner has really created quite a place at this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park