This is the second time we have stayed at the lost iguana. I selected it again this trip because of its proximity to the hanging bridges and the room size available for our family of five. I wanted at least one attraction to not require a drive with impatient kids which was the Hanging Bridges. There was also a suite available that was actually two rooms that connected, but was less expensive than getting two rooms. My kids loved the outdoor shower! Wonderfully relaxing to sit on the back porch in the jungle with the volcano view. Breakfast was included with the room which always helps. The downsides were a little musty smell which is because of it's location in the middle of the humid jungle. I think you just have to accept that. Also it was a noisy, if you wanted to sleep late. Some of it is the quaintness of the animals in the morning and not so quaintness of the guest up for early tours. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a little annoying that they did not allow our driver to come to our room for drop off and pick up. We had to wait for the resorts golf cart if we did not want to walk( our room was far from the lobby area). the carts were always available, but we were unsure if we were supposed to tip every time- so we did- so it became a little costly, especially when it was something our driver would do for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park