The landscaping is beautiful and of course the view of the volcano is amazing (as long as the weather is clear). If you're looking for a quiet and relaxing location it's an ideal spot. For those looking for more adventure, the Lost Iguana is one of the furthest hotels from virtually all of the activities (and the actual town) so you'll end up spending far more time driving or money on taxis than most of the other places in the area. I also had surcharges on our activities that picked us up due to the location. One other note, there is a rather large hill we had to make it up to get to our rooms. It's one of those places you double or triple check to be sure you have everything for fear of having to do the hill multiple times! =) Not a huge deal, and they have a golf cart for bringing up your luggage and if you need assistance, but something to keep in mind. Overall, I could see myself going back if I was looking for a place to just relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park