Some of the best bird watching is right here at the resort. A Toucan or Toucans, can be seen every morning between 7:30 and 8:30 am at breakfast. You must bring your camera! On two mornings, there was even a Montezuma Oropendola visiting the feeders. Naturally, those two mornings I did not bring my camera...We even saw a Coati in the road right up the hill from the reception desk. One of our highlights was hiking on some of the resort's private trails and crossing the creeks on the bridges. After mistiming our trip to the Hanging Bridges and getting caught in crowds of people, (hint, don't go mid morning) it was a relief to hike for hours on the Lost Iguana's trails and not see another person the whole time! There is much more to do around Arenal Volcano than the Pacific Coast area. Don't miss taking the Tram ride and zip lines. The Tram people picked my wife and I up at the reception desk, and dropped us back off at the resort. Be sure to book a hike or float trip with a naturalist through the resort. If you're into nature, birds, and animals, this is the place to stay! Here is a well earned tip of the hat to Alex at the reception desk, he was our "Rock of Gibraltar" during our 5 night visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park