Stayed for 3 or 4 nights in April 2012. Location is a bit far from La Fortuna town if that is a concern for people - a car is definitely needed to get to and from the town.
We felt like we were one of only a few guests at the hotel (felt secluded & quiet) though we know there were others there based on guests at breakfast. The room had 2 double beds and was spacious enough for 2 adults and a child. The shower was large, but dimly lit and had a bit of a mildewy smell which I assumed was because there was not a fan in the bathroom to air/dry it out. The toilet was low flow (eco-friendly), but caused issues with flushing and we needed to have someone come up to plunge it. We also had trouble with the A/C as in it didn't cool the room down - the front desk promptly sent someone up to fix it, but this took a while and was late in the evening when our son was heading off to sleep. The room had a lovely balconly which we would sit at in the evening to enjoy the night sounds.
A breakfast buffet was served in the restaurant daily and had a nice amount of yummy choices of fruit, juice, drinks, breakfast meat, eggs and pancakes/starch. We especially enjoyed the coffee and the staff was very friendly.
The pool was on the smaller side, but since there weren't alot of guests there, it was just fine. THere is a swim up bar also.
There is a maze they have on the property and lots of walking trails around the property. The arenal hanging bridges is also up the hill from the Lost Iguana. The front desk was able to arrange a tour for us there and they drove us up to the Arenal Hanging Bridges in one of their golf carts.
Very nice place to stay to feel like you are in the rainforest while still having modern conveniences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park