Is it possible for a hotel to be the highlight of your trip? I can't think of a more Costa Rican experience than the Lost Iguana. It was foggy/rainy the entire four days but it didn't matter. It only added to the resort's lushness and feel of the jungle. The grounds are spectacular as well as the staff. I regret it was always too foggy to see the volcano from our room. And the room was very clean and spacious, and the outdoor rock shower rocks! I don't mean this review to sound like an ad, but at age 51, sure I've stayed in "nicer" places, but this has to be my favorite hotel of all-time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park