I'm so glad we chose to stay at Lost Iguana Resort near La Fortuna. There are hiking trails onsite, wildlife, and an excellent restaurant. The resort is nestled into the jungle landscape. I prefer this to some well manicured luxury resort. We stayed in the luxury suite which was well worth it. We had an open air shower room and jacuzzi on the patio. The patio had a spectacular view of the volcano. I spent a lot of time on the patio watching the hummingbirds dart about and trying to get a glimpse to the volcano's peak through the clouds. The room was spacious and clean. It was the perfect place to take our 19 month old son. This resort surpassed my expectations.
The resort is about a 20 minute drive outside la fortuna. I was worried about this, but downtown La Fortuna is tiny. There are so many other wonder places to visit and eat on the route to and from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park