I would start by saying, I think they meant to close the hotel for repairs, but forgot to tell travelocity. It turned out there was a bike race while we were there, so many of the hotels were booked, which may explain the really high cost. The hotel was renovating their pool and doing a lot of repairs. They offered a mudpack (which we didn't use) to "compensate" --I think a steep discount would have been much more appropriate. The hotel was VERY expensive. The room space was nice enough, view was great, the restaurant was pleasant. The walk to the restaurant went past something that smelled dead and another area that smelled of sewer. We didn't complain, but I don't know how any staff could walk by and not notice, Awful! The people at the hotel were not particularly helpful in arranging activities (the next hotel was fantastic, so in retrospect, we could see the difference), which in the end, was fine, as we just relaxed on our balcony with a great view. The one thing we went on was a float trip, and that was great. Their store which had lots of local crafts, was actually inexpensive and really nice. Wish I had bought more. The biggest problem was that they had big ants, which I found out later were called bullet ants. There was one next to the bed, and I stepped on it barefoot. It is excruciating, and I sat with my foot up and on a cold soda can for several hours. This hotel was way too expensive, did not warn us that they had closed their on-property hiking trails(one of the reasons we chose it), that they had their pool closed, that they were having people working on their property which detracted considerably. We found a letter on the bureau explaining that they would be closed for renovations during the week that we were there...Costa Rica is geared towards their tourists. This hotel is far from the activities, and so needs to provide information and transportation and they were not very good at this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park