We saw many great reviews here and decided to stay based on those. The layout is undoubtedly beautiful: one feels surrounded by nature. Staff is helpful but not as outgoing, relaxed and friendly as we saw in other parts of the country. The location is a long way from Fortuna; there is a free shuttle but they didnt tell us about it, so we didnt find out until the last day we were there.
We paid a lot (~$275 per room!) but found nickel-n-diming frustrating. e.g., a $ 10 charge to have ice delivered to the room (there is no ice machine in the buildings). For Christmas eve, there was a mandatory buffet dinner that costs ~ 43 each after taxes and service charge. They were understaffed for this; the whole experience was chaotic. They kept running out of the veggie option (lasagna!). This colored our experience quite a bit. The breakfast was average: we found much more fresh tasty offerings at lower-priced places in Monteverde etc. Wifi was supposed to work in the rooms. We stayed in 3 rooms: it did not work at all. The front desk said 'oh, ok, nothing wrong'.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.