I just followed signs to this place not knowing it was a resort! Alex was so friendly and gave me a great rate for a lovely suite with a great view of the volcano. I enjoyed the outdoor shower (first floor only) and later took a soak in the outdoor tub too! The spa is totally worth a visit- the massage room is a great place to relax after a day of hiking- you can hear the animals, enjoy the fireplace, and well, of course, get a great massage. The food was great and the menu prices were affordable. Lots of vegetarian choices as well. I stayed here my last night in CR and personally think if you have to leave, then you should go out with a bang.
Note: I took a hike by myself, which was not advised by the resort. I walked the Dos Rios trail. This is a natural trail, so its not as maintained as Cerro Chato and the volcano trails. About 30 minutes into the hike, something very loud gruffed and lunged at me from a bush. I think it may have been a wild pig, but I turned and ran back before bothering to get a good look. Lesson learned: enjoy the trails, but wear hiking boots/shoes and DON'T go by yourself or if you're not in good enough shape to get out of there if you must!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park