My family and I loved this hotel. There are several things that make it special. The first is the arrival experience; we had been heading to this hotel for hours and we were pretty tired. I guess that was evident and our bags were quickly taken to our room by a staff member along with our driver (we had so many bags they drove it up there ha) and we were in the lobby drinking some sort of fruit drink. Really good!
So after my dad signed some papers (less than 30 seconds...seemed like it was already done), we were offered a ride up to the "room", but we decided to walk. This property is pretty hilly and more so than I expected....but it does give you the great view. It is also spread out, but it's fun wandering through the tropical plants on the trails and ending up at the pool or at more trails!
The "room" was amazing. I attached some photos to show you what I mean: A nice sized living/common area with chairs on the back patio with a drop-dead send a postcard view of the volcano. It couldn't get any better in terms of the view. My brother and I shared a room, which was gigantic. I think we both had king beds and the view was amazing as well....the beds were great and it was just a great look. My parents loved their bedroom with an amazing outdoor shower and a outdoor bathtub overlooking the volcano!
It is all very private and I loved how spacious it was. I was most surprised at the size of the room my brother & I shared and how nice the furnishings were.
It was pretty rainy the entire time I was there, but one day we saw the volcano in all its glory and it was epic!
Great hotel if you're in the area and nice for families as some of their villas/casitas are pretty big. Our family loved it and my brother and I could chat/play games all night long and my parents wouldn't be bothered.
The staff is wonderful and the housekeeping is as well. A nice find! However, I don't know if all of their rooms are that big....we got the bigger one just because we had four people with us. But it's worth it because the view is great, it's private and although we're a loving family, it's nice to be able to spread out at times and do different things.
Would love to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park