I've always wanted to experience a real jungle rain forest and the Lost Iguana is the perfect place to do so. We stayed in room 23 which was very spacious, nicely decorated, beautiful view with its own pond just outside the balcony, BUT the best part of the room for me was the outdoor shower. You walk through the bathroom and and the other side you walk into a huge two person shower room surrounded by plants but at the same time screened in so the bugs don't get in. The spring fed water is so soft too.
There's lots to do in the area as you can see from my trailer: http://youtu.be/y3L_kSKqqWw
Access road to The Lost Iguana is at the West end of the dam situated at the East end of Lake Arenal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park