Our first visit to Costa Rica. I would Highly recommend The Lost Iguana Resort if you are looking for a natural, tranquil, peaceful place to vacation. The resort was more spread out and larger than I had expected, but not too big. There were a few paths that served as short cuts around the property. It is very hilly and the golf cart is available to bring you around the property if needed. Absolutely Amazing views of the Arenal volcano, especially from our room/patio, pool and dining areas. Truly unbelieveable! The property was set back in, off of the main road, very natural and eco friendly. The accomodations were incredible. We had an open aired lava rock shower (which had a screen as the ceiling, therefore if it rained outside it rained in the shower as well) and outside jacuzzi tub that we enjoyed using daily. Very private patio. Our room was the always very clean and the kids looked forward to seeing the different towel art each day. Our trip was during the end of the rainy season (end of Oct.), but loved it! It rained off and on usually every day, a little cool at times depending on the clouds. The bird/insect/animal sounds can not be replicated, we couldn't get enough of them. We had hummingbirds at arms length outside of our patio all day long (even in the rain). We also enjoyed watching the many other birds, butterflies and Leaf cutter ants (hardest workers in Costa Rica!). The property offers it's own hiking trails, which were enough for us as we traveled with two young children. Hanging bridges are either a hike or golf cart ride (from resort staff) away. We were able to go into the town of La Fortuna and walk around. We also went to the local hot river, both were close by the resort. The staff were very friendly and always went above and beyond to accomodate us. The restaurant is open all day long from 7am-9pm. Happy hour at the pool was a nice time to socialize with other guests. The upper pool with swim up bar was heated (as necessary), like a big jacuzzi. The resort was not too crowded during our stay, which was wonderful for us!! I utilized the spa on two different occasions and have to say that it was the BEST ever!! The spa is located near a small brook, is open aired so you hear lots and lots of beautiful sounds (insect and bird noises). The rooms have a fire place which was nice as it was chilly at night, truly incredible!! I fell fast asleep both times I visited the spa. It is absolutely a place that I will return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park