The Lost Iguana is the only place to stay in Costa Rica!!!!! You won't be disappointed!!!!!
We stayed at the Lost Iquana for a week over Halloween with our 2 daughters ages 7 & 12 and we had the best time ever. We stayed in room #44 on the 2nd floor and had an amazing view of the volcano, an incredible outdoor shower and whirlpool tub with candles and bath salt. Our room was very spacious and the outdoor patio was a great place to sit, relax and watch butterflies, birds and the volcano. Our girls had their own room with bunk beds and a full size bed complete with their own full bathroom. Everyday we came back to our room the maids made very cool designs with towels and left them on our beds. The rooms were very clean and had everything we needed. You can even drink the water from the tap as it comes from a spring.
We loved that the resort was tucked away in the jungle and enjoyed walking the paths around the property, including the maze, and seeing so many different things. It was an adventure! The pool was heated and has a swim up bar with happy hour every evening. It was so nice after a day of activies to sit in the heated pool and have a cocktail. We ate almost all of our meals at the restaurant and the food was very good. The breakfast was included with our stay and consisted of frush fruit, sausage, toast, Costa Rican food, cereal, eggs, juice and coffee. The dinner entrees were very good. Our favorite was the stuffed tilapia among others. We were NEVER disappointed with the food.
The front desk was extremely helpful in making all of our excursion reservations. We went to the Hanging Bridges, went ATVing around the base of the volcano (wild, wicked fun!), Zip lined with Ecoglide (awesome!), went to Asis Wildlife Rescue Center and prepared food and feed the monkeys among other rescued animals (amazing!) and went to hot springs at Baldi. We also went into town (La Fortuna) and took the employee shuttle there and back (which was free but we did tip).
What truly makes this resort spectacular are the people who work there. Everyone was so incredible, friendly and helpful. They treated us like family. I have to call out Eddie & Louis who are the best. We looked forward to seeing them everyday. They went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. They were very courteous and the service they provided was impecable. If I had a resort I would want staff like them on my team. Nancy in the gift shop was very helpful and very warm and friendly. Deanna who worked at the front desk booked all of our excursions and arranged our transportation. We didn't have to do anything but show up. By the time we left we felt like we made friends for life.
Elaine, I know you read all of these reviews and I want you to know that your resort is one of our favorites. Your staff are very good people who really care about the guests and take pride in what they do. Your resort is so beautiful and the location is great. We miss Lost Iguana and all of the employees. Our kids keep asking when we can go back. They love looking at all of the pictures and both girls made photo albums (that we purchased at the resort's gift shop) and they look at them all of the time.
In our opinion there is no better place to stay than Lost Iquana. We thank you for all of the wonderful memories and look forward to returning soon!!!!!
Keep offering GROUPON deals!!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.