We stayed at the Lost Iguana for 5 nights in July 2012 and had a great time.
Pros: Gorgeous grounds including hiking trails on property, volcano views, leaf-cutter ants on our patio, hot pool, lovely indoor/outdoor bathroom with two showers and jettedi tub, comfortable bed -- slept best here during whole vacation, great housekeeping staff, friendly desk staff to help with activities, close to Hanging Bridges
Cons: Because it is outside of town we ended up eating here a couple of night due to tiredness from activities. We wished that the dinner menu had more light/casual options.
If you don't have a car the location could be a problem.
If you can't easily walk hills, the location could be a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park