The rooms are nice and the grounds are nice. It is very close to the hanging bridges, which is very much worth the experience. However, the reason I cannot give this a better review are for the following reasons:
1) Way too far from the actitivies and restaurantes. With the food being so bad - see comment #2, we felt obligated to go in town for food for each meal.
2) Food was horrible. We were at Lost Iguana for New Years - the food was terrible at $50 per person and they had nothing special going on. We were not the only ones that thought this - as this was something all guests talked about as we were chatting
There is a lot of little critters - frogs and lizards and snakes. This could be very bad for some - but my husband and 4 year old son thought this was the coolest part.
Did not add the level of luxury I would have liked. The little gift shop at the enterance of the hotel is great. We bought almost all of our souviners there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park