Room was just right for our needs. We had 6 people and stayed in an adjoining two bedroom. There are a lot of bugs but no issues with Mosquitos. The reason there are bugs is that the hotel is located in a very naturalistic surrounding so if you're not into nature this may not be your cup of tea. It was perfect for us! We loved exploring the hiking trails, the scenic volcano views, and hummingbirds right at our backyard glittering away.
Also, they had free beakfast buffets that were awesome! Service was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Cons would be it was a bit further out, and the resources for food would be limited to the resort restaurant. However the resort food was very good. Gift shop also had limited and expensive selection of snacks.
Place was very clean... Remember a few bugs but that's not cause it was dirty. Very clean.
Otherwise, we had a great time!
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.