“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nayara Springs

Save Saved
You added Nayara Springs to your Saves list
Nayara Springs
4 miles west from la Fortuna Town, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 21007, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Dinner + $100 spa Credit
Austin, Texas, United States
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband and I visited Nayara in July for an anniversary trip and we were amazed. It takes a lot to amaze me. I am very picky. The service is five star. The food is good (best ceviche in the world). The hotel and grounds are beautiful. It is relaxing and peaceful. I want to go back!!
Later in our trip, we also stayed at the JW Marriott at guanacaste, but nothing compared to nayara.
Don't hesitate. Book it. You will not regret it.
From a very picky traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from restaurants and pools.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Due to my decision to stay at my teaching job one more year, I had to cancel a ten-day cruise we had booked on Seabourne to the Mediterranean for September and find a last minute replacement for summer. Costa Rica was on our short list, so I began the search for the best resort I could find to compensate for the lost dream vacation. I booked a seven-night stay, and I can't imagine the cruise would have been any better. The villa was beautiful (so private, and we LOVED the hammock, spring-fed pool, and outdoor double shower!), and the service was impeccable. We ate at all the restaurants at least once, and with the exception of room service, our meals were excellent. (Our favorites were the wine bar and happy hour at the sushi restaurant.) We also enjoyed our massages in a double room at the spa. But what made our vacation so special were our concierge, Sharon, and the hotel's tour guide, Andres. Sharon saw that every need was met (even finding us a phone charger when we realized my husband had forgotten to pack one) and suggested that instead of a group tour to the hanging bridges we take a private tour with Andres. We had such a great afternoon that we booked another full day with him (and probably would have booked a third, but he had scheduled days off at the end of the week for his own vacation). He brought along a telescope, so we got to see the birds and animals up close, and a camera, so that he took all the photos for us, and we got to simply enjoy the experience. Usually I'm ready to go home at the end of a vacation, but Nayara Springs was hard to leave behind. I suggested to my husband that we stay in Villa #5 and have Sharon take care of us until all our money ran out, but he convinced me that that wasn't a great retirement plan. Now that I'm home, I think he should have listened to me...

Room Tip: Villa #5 is close to the lobby and restaurant, which we found very convenient.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

When we first visited Costa Rica in 2010, we stayed at Nayara for 3 nights before traveling to other regions of the country. We always felt that we missed out on so much by not having more time so this year, we came back and only stayed at Nayara. This is truly a 5 star resort, no detail is too small. The water bottles have a light fragrance of vanilla, free long distance to the states and free wi-fi, everyone cares about the guests and making sure their stay is perfect. Each staff member seemed to know my name and what excursion we were on and made a point to stop and ask how we enjoyed our activity that day. The food is beyond amazing and creative...just ask my waist line. The spa is one of the best in the world, I have travelled the world and I have never had such wonderful treatments. You would be amiss if you didn't stay here, the photos can't begin to show you how beautiful this resort is.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here!!!!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Nayara Springs is an outstanding resort. The staff is friendly and ready to facilitate your requests without hesitation. The food at all the restaurants was outstanding. This place is paradise and I cant wait to get back in December.

Room Tip: Spring Villa

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

When my wife and I first arrived and stepped out of the shuttle, they knew our names. We have never stayed there before and were blown away at the level of service they delivered. We were immediately offered a ride to the other part of the resort to check in, and on the way Jose stopped and showed us their resident sloth. His name is Tony. We made it to our side of the resort, stepped into the lobby and it was all smiles, warm towels and glasses of wine. They wished us a happy honeymoon, and Sharon accompanied us to our villa(V08), gave us a tour of our room and told us to call her if we needed anything. She was more than helpful, she made it seem as if we were old friends that hadn’t seen each other in some time. The room was amazing, stunning, gorgeous…words can’t describe how perfect everything was. They had sparkling wine, grapes, rose pedals, and a beautiful arrangement on the bed with a Happy Honeymoon sign. We had our own plunge pool that was fed by the hot springs. The bed was amazing; king sized, soft, and a canopy surrounding the bed. Indoor and outdoor shower, separate vanities, complimentary laundry service, breakfast delivered to our door at exactly the time we wanted. They have nightly turn down service, as well. We also walked to the lobby to ask about one of the tours. They offered us a glass of wine and booked it for us right then. When we were checking out, they gave us waters, some snacks, and a bottle of wine for the road.

The restaurants are also unbelievable. The first night we at Sushi Amor, my wife, whom didn’t like sushi before this, is now in love with sushi. We traveled roughly 2000 miles and I had the best sushi of my life in Costa Rica. The following evening we opted for the Mediterranean Wine Pairing and Nostalgia Wine Bar. It was, undoubtedly, the best meal of our lives. Elquin was our host and he was very knowledgeable. It was our first wine pairing and, yet again, we were blown away. Overall, this was the best experience we have had and we are already planning a trip back. I highly recommend staying here, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I'm not sure that have a bad room.
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The picturesque setting, fantastic staff, and delicious food and wine at the Nayara make it an easy choice. We did the Villas, which have plunge pools, serve you breakfast in your room, and are incredibly comfortable. But the whole resort was fantastic--including the Spa.

Room Tip: Definitely go with a Villa if you can splurge :)

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Not a lot to add on top of most of the reviews except this is the best ratio of service/price we ever experienced. Staff is so dedicated to the clients and the complimentary services are so high that even the cost for our stay seems underpriced !!!!! A little Paradise in the Tropical Rain Forest in Costa Rica !!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Nayara Springs? Share your experiences!