"Location" etc. Like most hotels in the area, this one sits at the foot of the very active Arenal Volcano and despite the daily clouds/rain (still rainforest after all) you will probably not be disappointed by the lava flow at night. Two leather-seated wood rocking chairs sit outside the back door of your room so you can watch the lava flow. Once it is dark, you will see the red lava pour out of the top of the volcano and every so often a larger eruption flows down beyond the tree line so you lose sight of it. With that kind of view, you won't care too much about the rooms! Still, the hotel is very comfortable and clean, large rooms, and outstanding towel swans decorate the bed; flowers were added the next day. I turned on one wall light and it fell to the ground. Most lighting in CR was perhaps less than what Americans have at home. Satellite TV at this hotel with several American channels. Beautiful well-decorated and manicured grounds; very big, nice swimming pools and hot tubs. Nearby Hidalgo Family Hot Springs (if you can get in) are fabulous pools of body soothing warm waters heated by the volcano. Eat in nearby LaFortuna if you can except for the included breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park