I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. One surprise was its size (feel more like a resort than a lodge - very spread out with multiple pools) and the second was the diversity of plant and birdlife there. Their gardens attract a huge number of birds (including loads of humming birds), so we were constantly entertained by them during our 3-night stay. The included breakfast was very good and we had dinner in the restaurant a couple of times as well - I'm often warry of hotel restaurants but the food was surprisingly good! Also have nice memories of happy hour drinks in the thermal pools nearby. We only got to see Volcan Arenal for about 2 hours (normally in the clouds at this time of year) but the view really was as great as it looks in the promo photos). Great place to stay and great location - just outside of La Fortuna and easy driving distance to all local attractions/activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, T4B, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park