A tip to start of with that a local told us is that this place used to be called Volcano Lodge and Gardens before the Springs were added; may help when looking at maps not updated or GPS searches.
This place was perfect and exceeded our expectations for the price we paid (about $94USD/night). Staff was always friendly and bi-lingual for most part and very helpful when we did try to use our Spanish. Breakfast was amazing and plentiful to say the least, the Springs do look very artificial but it's still nice and warm and Hot Springs wasn't our main focus anyways. Happy hour was great and available for different time frames at different pools. We didn't eat at the restaurant here, because there were so many places to try around town. They do still have a large jacuzzi in a secluded setting if that makes up for it. The rooms are clean and have amazing views. As I read on reviews they do get some bugs, but this is to be expected as you're staying in the rainforest. Which also makes me laugh when people complain about the rain, yes it rained, but it doesn't stop you from seeing the areas beauty and attractions. You're just far enough from town that it's quiet, but definitely close enough to get anywhere you need to go there in 5 minutes via car. I'd recommend a rental car if you're staying at this place or prepare to pay $10 each way into town.
Only cons: When it rains at night it's incredibly loud and beds were of medium comfort (more on the hard side), guests could benefit from having a small fridge in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, T4B, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park