This was the nicest of the places we stayed on our trip to Costa Rica. We spent the first two nights in town, at the Hotel San Bosco, which coincidentally turned out to be owned by the same company as this one. That made it easy for us to get a ride to the lodge when we checked out. It's true that it is remote without a car, which is why I'm glad we got to experience the town of La Fortuna first. The restaurant and pools were good enough that we didn't feel we were missing much by being "stuck" there. They even have a happy hour from 4-6, so we didn't feel we had to overpay for drinks. Also, any tours you book will pick you up and drop you off. We took another reviewers advice and walked to the pizza place down the road. It's actually part of another hotel, and the trip wasn't worth it since our hotel had better food (I'm vegan and had no trouble finding things to eat there).
I had only a few minor issues:
1. The key card did not work when we got back from an excursion, and the man who brought a replacement chose to suggest it was somehow my fault, rather than offering an apology.
2. Having to wear a wristband for your entire stay is irritating.
3. The AC leaked when we turned it off, soaking some items on the nightstand.
Other than that, it was lovely. I didn't mind walking to the front desk; we live in NYC and are used to walking everywhere. The view of the volcano was remarkable, and the gardens were full of interesting birds and butterflies. I'd absolutely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.