We stayed here for 3 nights for the beginning of our 10 day trip to Costa Rica. I'm glad we started our trip here. It felt like a true Costa Rican place; very charming, warm and the grounds are truly beautiful. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The staff coordinated two of our excursions for us. We had one small issue with our air conditioner leaking and they promptly sent someone over to fix it. Problem solved!
The breakfast buffet was included and very good. Don't miss the opportunity to eat the pink papaya! It's too delicate to export so you can only enjoy it in Costa Rica! They had it every morning when we were there along with other delicious choices. We thought the food for lunch and dinner was good. Some of the previous reviews were harsh on the restaurant, but we thought it was very good, and service was great too. If your expectations are filet and lobster, then go into town for finer dining.
The rooms were comfortable, cozy, clean and quaint. The bathroom was clean too and the shower had great pressure. Beds were comfy and the in room safe was nice to have. The little wooden rocking chairs outside were nice to sit on while enjoying coffee and viewing the volcano. I will say you can definitely hear wildlife early in the morning and the walls may be a little thin, but you are in Costa Rica! We loved hearing those sounds every day. If you expect to not hear a pin drop, then this place may not be for you.
The pools are very clean and nice. We enjoyed them every day. The kids loved swimming and also enjoyed the large hot tub. The clouds lifted one day and exposed the entire volcano for about 2 hours. Awesome!
In conclusion, this is a great little charming place and we would definitely stay here again with our family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park