I booked at Volcano Lodge and Gardens based solely on reviews from this site, and I was not sorry. I was travelling with a group of 4 couples. The service was impeccable. Everyone was extremely friendly, courteous, helpful, and always smiling. The grounds were beautiful. We spent almost half a day just looking around. Plus, the view from our private terrace was of the Arenal Volcano. I think all rooms face the volcano, and each have their own terrace with two rocking chairs and a table. Very cozy. The maids were great, and created new towel art for us every day - we were actually excited to see what was waiting for us! I never got to the spa, so I can't comment on that specifically. There are two pool areas, one of which has the biggest hot tub I've ever seen! One of the pools is located next to the restaurant, so you can get bar service right in the pool as well. At the beginning of the week, the food at the restaurant was amazing. The breakfast buffet has a lot of selection, and is delicious. And the lunch and dinner menu were well priced, with a great mix of typical Costa Rican food, as well as other styles of cooking. However, part way through the week they changed the menu, and in my opinion not for the better. The selection decreased dramatically, and for the most part consisted of items you would get a bar, not a restaurant. And the prices seemed to be worse as well. This was a huge shame, and we went to town to eat every day after this happened. It is also the only reason I am giving a 4 rating instead of a 5. The hotel also helped us out tremendously in booking some tours and adventures. They work with only top notch tour companies. They also helped us to arrange transportation to San Jose airport. There are shuttles that go back and forth to the town of La Fortuna, but they aren't very frequent, and it's only a $10 taxi ride so we just did that. Overall, I would highly recommend Volcano Lodge to anyone looking for a great place to stay in the Arenal area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, T4B, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park