The pools are great and the restaurant is delicious (meals range from about $10 - 22, average about $15). I'm actually looking at the volcano from my window as I write this. The staff is super friendly (esp. brian at the front desk and stephen at the restaurant/bar) and speak great english if you don't know spanish. The nicer places such as this one are a little further away from town (cab ride into town cost us $11 and back cost us $16 so try and get a cab that has the meter counting in the dash). The hotels around this area though are more spacious and have a better view of the volcano. Try and get up early so the clouds aren't blocking your view, which they did for the last three days for us. The complementary breakfast is delicious (apparently it's buffet when there aren't a ton of people here and ordered when there are, so better during the off season!). It had eggs, pancakes, sausage, toast, potatoes, rice and beans, fruit, coffee, milk, juice, and pretty much everything you can want. This morning there was an omelet station that was delicious. AC is awesome and the showers are HUGE and very hot. Only reason I didn't give it a 5 was because the walls between the rooms are very thin and the guys next to us were really loud. When they talked it seemed like they were in the same room with us and we could hear everything they said clearly (embarrassing for them, eh?). If I came during the busy season it may not be as much fun for us as a couple since the place is very kid friendly (playground by the pool, etc) but that would be great for a family. All in all, good deal for less than $100 a night and awesome all you can eat breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, T4B, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park