Not a lot to complain about considering I am in Costa Rica but if I had another choice I would definitely try another resort. The staff is unequaled but the facilities are lacking. The toilet in the room would not operate properly even after "a repair". All of the nicer resorts have a fantastic view and this one is no exception. The restaurant had a total of 6 people at the same time- we were in the off-season, but the other resorts we visited during our trip were packed so there must be a reason. The resort also did not have hot springs which is also an attraction.
I also did not like the fact I had to wear a waterproof paper bracelet the whole trip. Not necessary.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, T4B, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.