As it was our honeymoon we thought we'd stay somewhere a bit fancier than our usual more budget choices and this was a really nice place for 2nts in the area. The staff are very very helpful, friendly and can't do enough for you. Lovely pool with massive jacuzzi -good for lounging in and great views from here of the volcano, nice way to spend sunset! Really nice food and great breakfast included.
Great place to stay especially if you have a car as the hotel is 7km outside of La Fortuna and there isn't anything about within walking distance apart from other hotels -we tried walking around for a few km's but no buses etc so don't do it unless you want a long walk on the road. Most of the main sites are out of town anyway though so this isn't really an issue. The hotel can organise tours, we thought they were a wee bit pricey -this would be my only slight criticism but maybe this is just as we're used to roughing it and doing things ourselves. The waterfall (La Caterata) is worth a visit -amazing and good swimming after the hike down. Really nice place, thanks to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable :) (Oh and loved the towel on the bed made into an elephant complete with petal eyes etc, talented housekeeping!!! )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park