We booked this hotel for our honeymoon and we were told we had he "best" room. When we arrived at the hotel we were not too happy with the check-in process. We were shown to our room and when we walked in the room smelled musty and old... Like it had not been used in a long time. The room was old and did not seem to have been used in months . The hot tub was stained and was falling apart. There were dirty towels still in the bathroom. The bed was dirty and had our honeymoon welcome basked on it, which was an apple and orange. The whole place needed a facelift. We started looking for a new hotel the moment we walked in. Within 30 minutes we told the hotel that we were leaving and we wanted a refund. The manager was pleasant but still wanted us to pay 150 usd for admin stuff. I said that was not acceptable and at most we would pay $50. She kept having to check with the owner and finally agreed on that price. They still charged our card for the full amount and we are waiting for a refund. We switched hotels and for just a little more money we had the most amazing room at arenal springs resort and spa. This might be okay for some friends to stay but do not stay here if you are looking for a romantic hotel. There are much better, cleaner and great places to stay that have great views of the volcano.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park