I'd have to agree this hotel is in a stunning location with perfect views of Arenal. We had a detached chalet which was comfortably furnished with a small balcony to the back and an enclosed porch to the front looking over the volcano (shame about the four fir trees in the way but you can avoid them by walking further up the hill). The lighting in the bedrooms was to eco friendly and you couldn't read by them.
We only stayed one night and had a good meal in the restaurant and an excellent breakfast again with views of Arenal. There is a pleasant trail to walk for wildlife and, whilst we didn't have time for the spa and pool(s), it looked very good from the outside.
Only one criticism; we were a small group of 18 and they insisted that we all put on an armband when we arrived as if we were all inclusive. This we found rather demeaning and, as we weren't all inclusive and paid for all our drinks in cash, couldn't understand the labelling. Needless to say the band was removed very quickly.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Hotel
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Montana De Fuego Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montaña de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our prívate reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montaña de Fuego Hotel & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor’s Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Venere, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.