.....this country demands to be experienced. if you are worried about perfect water pressure, amazing concrete roads, or can't survive without a 75 inch hd tv in your room, then go anywhere but costa rica and enjoy your business as usual vacation......first of all, montana de fuego is situated perfectly between la fortuna and arenal volcano national park. if you have your own transportation, it is about a 10 minutes gorgeous drive to get to the park entrance, and another 10 minutes to reach the park itself. its about 30 minutes to go from door to door to the sky tram/zip line which was a blast to do....it is a 10 minutes drive from the hotel back to la fortuna. shuttles/taxis are available if you need. there is a rainforest/cloud forest here. it will probably rain a little. bring a jacket and have your camera ready at all times as amazing views and vistas are right there.....we had staggering views of arenal from our room porch. our room was clean and quiet and comfortable. we checked out the three thermal pools on the hotel grounds. they are kept at different temps, and we enjoyed going back and forth between them which was both relaxing and bracing. we ate at the restaurant on grounds and the food and service was absolutely fine. i hope to travel back to costa rica and the arenal area and i certainly will be staying at montana de fuego.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park