This hotel has great views of the Volcano, but pretty much anywhere in La Fortuna does. They have great new rooms, but also some pretty lousy older rooms. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the newer ones, but heard from those that stayed in the older ones of bad smell and not enough space.
The hotel has 3 swimming pools, one of which is a kids pool, and 3 hot spring pools. Also has a pond on its grounds, which was home to many different birds.
Their breakfast is wonderful, with many options. The food at their restaurant is good, with large portions. The prices and choices are similar to what you would find in town, maybe a few dollars more, but with the cost of the cab ride into town its better to stay and eat at the hotel.
The tour operator in the lobby, sells the same packages as many in town, however they are at least $10-15 more expensive. We booked one tour with them to the hanging bridges, and when we got there our reservations weren't there. We paid our own way, and are in the process of trying to get our money back.
The hotel staff is nice, but they agree to almost anything, but sometimes they cannot deliver, in which case they will apologize with a smile. We would have rather them tell us up front if something was not possible so we can make other arrangements.
Over all a good stay, the only drawback is it is a $15 cab ride into town which is a bit far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park