My boyfriend and I stayed here in late October 2012 for one night. We stayed in one of the Jr. Jacuzzi Suites. The front desk staff were very friendly when we arrived and we were escorted to our room. The room was in a duplex building with beautiful gardens in the front and back. I had hoped we would have a better view of the volcano from our room that we did. We could see it from the front windows, but it wasn't like you could sit comfortably in the room and enjoy a volcano view. But other than that the room was really nice. I think other rooms on the property probably had more direct views than we did so I recommend you ask about the view from your specific room if that is important to you.
The room was very spacious and had very nice furnishings and decorations. My one complaint in the room was that the mattress was not very comfortable. For such a big beautifully dressed bed, I expected a better mattress.
The jacuzzi tub was nice and they had nice touches like incense and candles to use. We enjoyed a short walk to the swimming pool and hot springs pools and had a nice soak in the evening. The breakfast in the morning was very good and the view of the volcano from the dining room is spectacular. We could see the steam rising from vents near the top of the mountain.
We didn't have time to take advantage of the spa services but it looked very nice and the staff we met there were very friendly. This hotel is very close to the national park entrance. A 5-10 minute drive. We really enjoyed hiking the trails there. It is an easy 10-minute drive into town from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park