A collection of separate lodges, scattered across a hill top outside the little town of La Fortuna, this hotel is a a classic Central American mix of excellence marred by lack of follow through. The views of the volcano at Arenal (for which it is named,) are excellent, but best from the older lodges along the North side, and these are in need of renovation. The newer lodges on the hill top are in much nicer condition but don't have nearly the view. Wifi is present only at the lobby, or there is a computer for guest access.The spa: MARVELOUS. A huge menu of spa treatments and the services of excellent massage therapists. Possibly the finest massage I've ever had, in a therapy room open to the lush jungle while a thunder storm boomed outside.
Pros: Location near the many wonderful area attractions, the staff: unbelievably friendly and helpful, particularly Alex at the concierge desk , Randal at the reception desk and Sergio.The En Gedi Spa. On site jungle tours provided by the extremely knowledgeable Sergio.
Cons: The older lodges need some attention. The restaurant is good but some what pricy. Tech dependent people will be in withdrawal from Internet deprivation
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Hotel
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Montana De Fuego Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montaña de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our prívate reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montaña de Fuego Hotel & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor’s Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Venere, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.