The hotel is beautiful and so is the surrounding area. My low rating does not come from the beautiful hotel or the nice tour guides or the baggage assistant, but from reception, management, and the condition of my rooms. The original room we were booked at was infested with ants and bugs, and the water was not working at all. The pipes burst that night and the water did not work for our 3 day stay period. Because of the bugs and a few broken things in our initial room, a few hours after check in we moved to another room. This room was supposed to have running water, but it would've been like trying to shower with a water gun (literally) that worked when it wanted to. From the very beginning reception told us that the water problem would be fixed within an hour. I called after several hours and I received the same response. This cycled continued throughout our entire stay. It was so stressful. I get enough stress with work, I did not wish to be stressed on my vacation. My girlfriend and I were not able to shower or use the jacuzzi in our room (which is about an extra $80 a night) for the full time period. It has been 3 weeks since our stay. The manager assured that I would receive a refund for the jacuzzi not working and I had to argue about a refund for the water not working. It has all been such a hassle and I have actually yet to receive a refund period. I do not recommend staying here, there are very many affordable 4 and 5 star hotels all along the Arenal area that are much more beautiful and have much better service to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park